Young Driver's Guide
In terms of size, the Young Driver’s Guide is FirstCar’s flagship product as it features 116 pages of essential information on the whole buying, learning and owning processes. It’s also unique in that it’s the only FirstCar product available in the high street; all of our other titles are available exclusively through local authorities.
FirstCar used to print an A4 magazine twice each year, and this is what it became – an A5-sized annual that guides new drivers (and pre-drivers) through everything they need to know to get on the road, and stay there in safety.
Printed twice a year - in March and August - each edition of Young Driver’s Guide features advice on topics such as:
- How to choose the right instructor
- Preparing for (and passing) the tests
- Post-test driving, including training
- How to buy a new or used car
- A complete guide to insurance
- All about vehicle breakdown cover
- Essential maintenance checks
- Key road safety topics such as seatbelts, mobile phones, drink and drugs plus speeding and fatigue
- Guides to motorway and winter driving
- How the probationary period works
- Key driving offences and penalties